Aspiring historical fantasy writer S.E. Berrow was born in 1989. She read Ancient and Medieval History at the University of Birmingham and specialised in heresiology – the study of heresy – and memento mori – the Art of Dying. Nowadays she tends to ignore anything that happened prior to the 17th century, but her fascination with the visceral, the phantasmagorical and the danse macabre remains.
S.E. Berrow presently resides behind her desk in South-East London, kept alive only by tea, surrounded by too many books and employed as housekeeper to her beloved cats, Petra and Edgar. She blogs about her writing process, books she reads and music she loves.
Books & Authors
|Northern Lights by Philip Pullman, The Liveship Traders trilogy by Robin Hobb, 4.48 Psychosis by Sarah Kane, Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes, Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series|
Songs & Albums
|Get Behind Me Satan by The White Stripes, Once/Imaginaerum by Nightwish, Frustration Plantation/Sister Kinderhook by Rasputina, ‘March of Mephisto’ by Kamelot, ‘Swallow’ by Emilie Autumn|
Films & TV
|The Prestige (Nolan, 2006), Minority Report (Spielburg, 2002), Fawlty Towers (BBC, 1975-1979), Garrow’s Law (BBC, 2009-2011), Outlander (Starz, 2014 – Present)|
Food & Drink
|Black tea (Assam), red wine (Rioja), baked camembert, Kraken Black Spiced Rum, garlic (lots of it)|
- I live with two cats: a Russian Blue called Petra and a shelter-moggie called Egdar
- I have an INFJ-T personality type.
- I am severely omphalaphobic; a trait I share with one of my characters, Jonathan Carson.
- I love to ski all over the mountain, and am a qualified advanced scuba diver.
- It is imperative that I visit Egypt, Helsinki, Hawaii and the Sedlac Ossuary before I die.
Tarot card: Page of Swords
Hogwarts House: Slytherin