Once again I find myself bestowing festive greetings upon my followers a full five days after the big event, but better late than never! I hope you all had a simply marvellous time and that Father Christmas brought you lots of lovely, wonderful things ♥
Once again I threw myself upon the mercy of my boyfriend’s family as my own abandoned me for some winter sun. I have been promised that next year things will be different as my mum has put her foot down and demanded a Christmas at home next year (a likely story!).
As is to be expected, I was yet again spoiled rotten, Mark’s mum even going so far as to cook me a delicious nut roast for my Christmas dinner… It was absolutely delicious, and I believe I will be eating the leftovers from now until forever. Thank you so much, Wheeler family!
Some of the beautiful gifts I received:
- Vaara perfume from Penhaligon’s from Mark’s incredibly naughty mum
- Some fantastic cookbooks from my parents (including Deliciously Ella Every Day by Ella Woodward)
- Some money from my nan, which I have used to buy some more perfume from the Body Shop, a new pair of pyjamas, and some new make-up from Kat Von D.
- A trip down memory lane from my sister in the form of The Great Animal Search (Georgia and I loved this book when we were little, and then my dad accidentally left it behind in a Floridian pizza hut somewhere)
- A 6-month renewal of my Mr B’s Reading subscription
- A skull-shaped tea infuser from Mark’s sister
- A ton of tea from T2
And, the best thing, from my boyfriend who likes to spoil me rotten…
MY DREAM TEA SET ♥
I am not kidding you, I took the above photograph back in July for posterity, back when owning this incredible designer teaset by Iggy and Loulou from T2 was but a distant dream. I literally believed that I was photographing art. If it were possible to take my brain and transform it into a tea set, this would be it. Black and white porcelain with rustic etchings of anchors, birds, 18th century dancing figures… the teapot lid even has a skull on top.
You see this picture here? Unlike the previous image, these photos were taken from inside my own home. That’s right. Thanks to Mark, I am now the proud owner of this incredible tea set! I can’t believe it! What do I do with it? I don’t even know. It’s too beautiful to use. I’ve had to put it away in a box to stop Edgar from smashing it into a million pieces. It needs its own cabinet! It needs to be on display for the whole world to see! Oh my goodness, I’m so excited.
Thank you so, so much, my darling! I love you so, so much and thank you to everyone else for all your thoughtful, wonderful gifts ♥
Tomorrow marks the very end of the rubbish year that has been 2016. As yet my plans are a bit up in the air but, if you guys are going out to celebrate, remember to stay safe as always and I hope that you have a very, very Happy New Year!
Here’s to a more positive and productive 2017. Cheers!